Friday, August 17, 2007

Tarantino Overload

The irrepressible QT turned up yet again at the Cinemanila Film Festival at Gateway. I caught the back-to-back screening of Kill Bill One and Two last night, and he was there in the audience with us. During intermission, he thanked everybody who came out to see the films. Outside the theater, he had a photo taken with this girl who dressed up as Gogo Yubari (it ain't clear, my ancient cam-phone's to blame, but that's them in the pic). It was a bit extraordinary because we noticed he usually doesn't like posing for photos. Every time people went up to him to have their picture taken with him, he'd decline, though he didn't stop people from clicking away just the same.

I didn’t let the opportunity pass without talking to the man. I went up to him, shook his hand and congratulated him on the film. I kept racking my head for something else to mutter other than the usual "So how long are you staying?" Sadly, though, I couldn’t think of anything else to say. (I really oughta learn how to be more spontaneous when it comes to social situations). He was genial though and we chatted briefly about him flying off to Boracay today for the Film fest leg there. He was loquacious and moved around a lot, like he overdosed on caffeine. That or he probably hasn’t had his Ritalin shot for the day.

He says he loves it here and wouldn't mind coming back again and again. Funny but when he said that an image of David Pomeranz flashed through my brain. Oh well. An actual Academy-award winner coming for frequent visits in these parts can’t be that bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger feedalvin said...

Hey, at least Tarantino is not here to promote some bad album...

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home