Friday, March 04, 2005

Zombies

I’m currently reading my seventh Peter Mayle book. (But if you have to be technical about it, it’s actually just my sixth, since I’m still in the middle of “A Dog’s Life.” I don’t know, I usually finish one book before starting another, but for some reason, I just had to open up “A Good Life,” which, by the way, I got off Jasper’s Avalon.ph site.). I just read something there a few minutes ago that made me stop and think. This character dispenses advice to his nephew that goes, “Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.” I know some people live their lives like zombies, scraping just enough to barely get by. I can’t blame them though. It’s one thing to acknowledge, and agree on, an abstract concept and quite another to concretize it by going ahead and actually following what it says. Now I’m just rambling. But it’s pretty good advice, one that’ll probably get stuck in my head for the next few weeks, or until I read the next interesting aphorism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home