Friday, May 20, 2005

What was that?

Something weird happened to me last night.

I got off work much later than usual (around 12 midnight) because of some last-minute stuff I had to take care of. One of the assistants had offered to take me home, but he was sent on an errand so I decided to hoof it (our apartment is only about 3 blocks away from the office).

While walking, I was looking forward to crashing in front of the couch and catching my latest guilty pleasure, "The Apprentice." But my thoughts were interrupted when, from out of nowhere, this flashy, red SUV stopped right in front of me in the street. The guy at the wheel had fair skin and looked like he was in his mid-thirties. At first I thought he was going to ask for directions, but then he looked me over and asked, "Sa'n ka pupunta?" He had a leering look on his face and a smile that creeped me out. I hesitated for a second before I told him I was on my way home. He didn't say anything else; just kept smiling at me. I was getting really uncomfortable, so I told him "Sige, alis na ko." And then I walked rapidly out of there. When I took a quick look back, I saw he had driven off.

As soon as I got home, I called up one of my friends and told her about what happened. I couldn't help but ask, did I just get picked-up back there? She just laughed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! pj, natawa ako. :))

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, this is myla

5:37 AM  
Blogger monsterboy said...

fafa pj! hahaha. creepy dude.

apprentice fan ka din pala. ayos no? tulungan mo kami ni cathybee buhayin ang thread sa pex.

6:56 PM  
Blogger tinapa said...

gosh! natawa rin ako. bakit nga ba nakakatawa? dahil you were so shocked, dahil mukhang first time mong ma-"pick up" at dahil nangyari ito matapos nating basahin ang mahiwagang blog na kina-a-addict-an natin sa opisina.
senyales ba ito ng mga paparating pang mga tagpo sa buhay mo?

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha!! funny story :)

5:54 AM  
Blogger nickelodeon said...

hahaha. scary but so funny.
I hope it won't happen to me.
I would definitely be as shocked as you if I was you. Haha.

3:57 PM  
Blogger peejay said...

thanks for all the comments. i wonder who anonymous is...

special thanks to you sweetces, for the words of encouragement. have you read my piece on going through what we refer to as a "quarter life crisis?" it's somewhere here. sometimes i think there's just too much serious stuff going on in the world, it's nice to just talk about the shallow and mundane. but i'll keep your suggestion in mind.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home