Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm Shakin' My Head

I almost never win anything. The chances of me taking home anything - even in something as simple as a raffle - are next to nothing. So imagine my suprise when I got a text message from a friend last night congratulating me for winning the Jam 88.3 essay-writing contest. For those of you who don't know, Jam is sponsoring the Eraserheads tribute gig on Tuesday at the UP theater. Lots of good bands are putting their own spin on classic songs by the Fab Four, including Orange and Lemons, Kitchie Nadal, South Border, Paolo Santos and Rico J. Puno. Jam asked listeners to write about their favorite Eheads song or album. I wasn't planning on entering, but a friend kept bugging me about it, telling me I was practically a shoo-in to win. Of course I didn't believe him. But I put something together and submitted it to the station on Monday, the last day for entries. What the hell, I thought, wala namang mawawala. Next thing I know, my name's on the Jam website.

The Eheads tribute gig promises to be a very good show. And now that I won the tribute CD plus VIP tickets, I get to go there for free. I think that's pretty cool, even if I do say so myself.

I'm taking a poll on whether or not I should post my winning essay here. Lemme know what you guys think.

3 Comments:

Blogger monsterboy said...

post it.

hoy, penge naman ng tickets.

6:06 PM  
Blogger peejay said...

pac: sorry, wala akong post-it e...=D

2:40 PM  
Blogger feedalvin said...

Share it! post post post!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home