Thursday, August 03, 2006

It was bound to happen

Two of my current favorite local acts jammed together about a couple of months ago. Good music, good company.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Johnoy played a couple of sets with former Barbie's Cradle and now sessionist guitar player Kakoy Legaspi at 70's Bistro last night. Marco of ONL swung by before the start of the second set. Of course we made him get up and jam with the duo. Despite having different musical tastes and backgrounds, they managed to find common ground with - what else? - the Beatles. They did "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bigay na bigay si Mcoy

It was pretty cool.

PS
What's even cooler are the songs from OnL's upcoming third album that Marco let me hear (again) in his car after the gig. I wish I could translate to words the excitement I felt after hearing those songs, especially "Let Me" and "Eleven Minutes." Whew. Based on those two songs alone (and maybe the delightful, rondalla-infused "Ang Katulad Mong Walang Katulad"), I can honestly say the album's gonna be a scorcher. I can't wait for people to hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home