Friday, November 03, 2006

Boredom Is Its Own Reward

10 years ago: Hmm...1996...I was sixteen and a college sophomore, I had just shifted to the CMC from CAL...this time then I was probably in a Humanities or Comm class in AS, then racing off to the gym for PE, (or was that the pool for a skin diving class?). Or maybe I was hanging out at AS 101...
5 years ago: 2001...I'm 99% sure I was at the desk in GMA, taking somebody's summary or something... Or was I on graveyard duty and if so, was probably asleep at this time.
1 year ago: My Southeast Asian journey. I had just gotten into Bangkok, surviving an almost 48-hour train ride from Singapore. I think I took a quick nap before meeting up with a friend and hitting the bars at Khao San road...
Yesterday: Right here in the office. Saw Marie Antoinette with a friend in Glorietta, and Johnoy at Capone's later in the evening.
Today: Still in the office, pretending to work (hope my boss doesn't see this). Just got back from a two-hour seminar.
Tomorrow: Saturday! Most probably going to Divisoria for some early Xmas shopping. A class at 4pm. And dinner with some friends hosted by an acquaintance we made in Cebu.
5 snacks I enjoy: Tortillos, french fries, V-Cut, banana-q, that lugaw thing with burnt monggo beans
5 bands/artists that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: John Mayer, Howie Day...I can't say I know the lyrics to most of their songs, but I really like Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and The Perishers
5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Try to count it, put it in a bank, think about it, probably invest it, and definitely spend it (on something)
5 locations I'd like to run away to: The south of France, Boracay, Baguio, Italy, Peru
5 bad habits I have: Cursing at no one and at odd hours, gnash my teeth when I'm asleep, mistake kindness for affection, constantly try to please people, be a masochistic idiot
5 things I like doing: Listen to music, hang out with friends old and new, play with my nephew and niece, read, sleep
5 things I would never wear: Denim shorts, baggy pants, one of those outdated perfumes (along the lines of Poison or Drakkar Noir), shirts with the swastika or image of Che Guevarra or some such pop culture icon I don't really know and whose principles and ideals I am not familiar with and therefore cannot claim to support or advocate, and pink shoes.
5 TV shows I like: The Practice, Friends, The Amazing Race, 24, Prison Break
5 Movies I like: Dead Poets Society, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Reality Bites, The Breakfast Club
5 famous people I'd like to meet: John Mayer, Jimmy Carter, Chris Carabba, JD Salinger, Greg Latterman (of Aware Records)
5 biggest joys at the moment: Playing with my nephew and niece, the anticipation of finally getting that thing that i want (which is probably better than actually having it, I think), getting mushy messages from friends, watching good live music in seedy bars, DVD marathons on lazy Sunday afternoons while pigging out on junk food
5 favorite toys: classic Nintendo video game (Mario 3!!!), Gameboy, that four-piece yellow puzzle game, board games like Clue and Pictionary, Jeopardy on PS and PS2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home